Quickspin founding history
Independent studio by the name of Quickspin - a relatively small organisation that had seen the light of the gambling market as late as of the year 2011. The one and only manufacturing line being produced by the company are numerous original video-slots. Complex approach and educated due diligence, creative and well-synchronised activity, deep technological insight - these are the merits that had allowed for Quickspin to be nominated to EGR B2B Awards "A Rising star of the gambling software development".
Their Alderney Gambling Control Commission-granted license is quite something to be proud of as well as the fact that their headquarters are in Stockholm.
Quickspin slots only comes in few dozens of variations. But, to say the least, those variations are more than just worthy! Bright and colourful with plenty of bonus games included - Quickspin's slot machines had taken over the market in an instant!
But don't rush into being surprised by it. The company has been founded by quite a few of the gambling industry sharks, such as: Daniel Lindberg(CEO), Mets Westerland, who are both seasoned workers of NetEnt. Or perhaps we should take a look at Joachim Timmermans (now vice-president) who was responsible for early development and promotion of the company: he used to work with Unibet Group.
"Fantastic" Quickspin team
Among the talented and experienced Quickspin team members are:
- Rikard Hilding - art director, the infamous graphics master. Holds 18 years of experience in the gambling industry.
- Bjarne Grönnevik - software developer. This man, although he had been with the company for a mere of three years, totals at 14 years in the software development.
- Trending Grabau - company projects manager, who has been doing so for over two and a half years. His experience summary yields over 7 years in the gambling industry.
- Eira Ekre - a tester & an engineer. 7 years on the other side of the one-handed bandits' business.
An entire "Fantastic Four" of gambling business.
A main driving force of the Quickspin team is the opinion of those who are more experienced.
According to the not-so-long since conducted poll of Quickspin employees working in the company is a "non-stop learning and earning". Learning from one's teammates and team supervisors. It is believed that every single developer leaves his own print on the products being developed. At the testing stage of the products, developers and testers are driven by the intention of understanding their players' psyche in order to provide them with the most fitting solutions for their cases.
The "Fantastic Four" converges for the discussion of any of the ideas that are to be implemented. They are not the ones who'd shy away from a chance to express themselves. Despite all of that they still follow some guidelines in the manufacturing process:
- mathematical model. Most of the gamblers' interest lies in winning. So they provide them with such chances.
- design. Just as many gamblers are into the slots for the sake of it. They like to spend their time gambling away. And that has to be a pleasant thing to do for them. The team is working hard to provide that in the form of almost blatantly bright colours and HD graphics. Besides, the slot machines made by the company usually incorporate an entire plotline within them. Such examples include: Sinbad the sailor, The Three little pigs, Crystal Queen, Big Bad Wolf and many others are just a few of them.
- sounds. It is believed that sound is one of the main contributors to the overall game atmosphere, which is why it has to be of the brand quality. Certain musical pieces of art are determined, just like the painting, to cause certain feelings.
Finally, Quickspin casino developers are trying to avoid using the "old trusty" slot themes. While still maintaining the familiarity due to their plot setting.
One could easily feel the gentle touch of identity behind every single one of their creations.
Among the casual specs one would expect to see in a gambling machine, Quickspin's machines also possess the following:
- superior quality; all of the software/hardware released are a state-of-the-art creations and are always driven towards the perfection. And all of that shiny blossoming gear is quid pro quo tested.
- optimum dispersion readings. "A golden mean" is the average dispersion value. Meaning that player would find it easy to keep up the small semi-frequent wins, while no doubt struggling to get his hands on one massive chunk of money early.
- the complete absence of jack pots. It believed among the company employees to be obsolete and overrated.
- availability of the 'mobile' and the 'social' editions. This way the developers are not only focusing upon providing their average online users with a gaming base, but are also reaching out to cover such fields as social networks and mobile applications. Among them is the "free to play" segment that utilized the so-called 'play money' as an alternative to the convenient currency.
- high winning rates. Despite the fact of Quickspin's RTP being below the maximum of 98%, they are still stable and are fixed around the margin of 95-97% of the games. Which is yet another reason to play them!
Best slots made by Quickspin
As it was mentioned, Quickspin free slots collection isn’t really big nowadays. But the fans of slots made by this company still made their own ratings. The best slots made by Quickspin, according to the Internet feedback, are:
- Big Bad Wolf is a slot, devoted to the fairy tale about three little pigs. Cascade winning systems, chance for collecting several kinds of Wild symbol and getting into the prize round are original features attracting the players. But the biggest advantage of this slot is its RTP - 97,35%.
- Sinbad is a slot devoted to Sinbad the Sailor. It has different bonuses of various volatility and quite a big RTP-coefficient: 97, 1%.
- Treasure Island is an interesting, pirate-themed slot-machine. Two kinds of Wild symbols, bonus games, free spins are waiting for players. RTP is equal to 97,1%.
- Golilocks and the wild bears is a slot made after the “Three beards” fairy tale. Free spins, bonus game, Wild multiplier are the main features of this slot. RTP level is 97,9%.
- Supernova is a space adventure with unique graphics, 27 patterns and random multipliers. This slot with non-standard gaming algorithm can give back up to 97,05%.
- Wild Chase. «Stick» function for symbols, re-spins, multipliers, bonus game are waiting for players in this slot. RTP is only 96,72%.
- Razortooth. The slot-machine, that is quite different from traditional QuickSpin’s models. This slot has 243 payment lines, Wild symbol, Scatter and additional Stacked Wild that appears randomly. RTP is equal to 96,6%.
- Genies touch is one more slot-machine on the fairy tale thematic. It is devoted to Aladdin. Aside from Wild, Scatter and bonus symbol, this game has special option Genie’s Touch Feature, that can be launched the pictograph depicting magical lamp. Each symbol next to the lamp turns into a Wild symbol, creating highly paid combinations. RTP is 96,6%.
- King Colossus is a slot devoted to the myth about king Colossus. Pretty simple, but colourful, this slot has classical symbols like Wild and Scatter. Maximal win is 500 bets. RTP is 96,6%.
- Firestorm takes place on the exotic island. This slot has traditional functions and the re-spin option. RTP is equal to 96,6%.
Quickspin studio – a structural unit of the Playtech company
Success of the Quickspin didn’t go unnoticed among the ‘monsters’ of online gambling industry. The Playtech company — a famous developer of slot-machines and casino platforms — signed a contract for acquiring the Sweden developer for 50 million euro.
Playtech’s executive director Mor Weizer stated that the corporation has no doubts about this decision. Quickspin is one of the fast-growing gambling software suppliers. Cooperation with this studio will help Playtech to strengthen its positions as leading supplier of content and casino platforms.