How to play French roulette
According to classic French roulette terms layout involves 37 sectors. 36 of them are marked with the digital value and are divided by black and red sectors. Green sector 37 is a zero.
At the beginning of the game, the dealer spins the roulette wheel and throws there a ball. At this point, players make bets. When the rotation of the reel is slowed down, the ball occupies a position on one of the sectors. If the player’s bet matches the numerical value of the sector where the ball has stopped, the player receives his winnings. If the ball lands on zero, money go to a casino.
French online roulette play bets
At the beginning of each spin players make bets. Rules of French roulette say that wheel has 10 betting options, which are divided into:
- inside bets;
- outside bets;
- oral bets.
Inside bets are placed directly on digital values. You can bet on one, two, three, four or six numbers according to roulette table rules. The more positions inside the field the player noted, the greater the chance that a spin will bring a win.
Outside bets are made on the outside of the playing field. Rules for French roulette allow betting on a red or black sector, on even or odd numbers, on a column, on a dozen, on large or small numbers.
The player can bet both inside and outside sectors of the field. The more bets made on the gaming table, the higher the probability of a successful spin. However, it is important to correctly calculate bets in order to remain in the game longer.
Oral bets in French Roulette
French roulette rules and terms determine a special kind of bets provided in the game is an oral bet. Stable word combinations give the dealer information on how and in what size the player is going to bet.
List of oral bets in the game:
- Orphelin Plein – bet one chip on numbers 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31 and 34.
- Orphelin Cheval – four chips are placed on dual numbers: 6 and 9, 14 and 17, 17 and 20, 31 and 34, one chip on the number 1.
- Tiers du Cylindre – bet one chip on each roulette sector (12 numbers).
- Voisins du Zero – bet on the zero and nearest 17 numbers.
- Voisin du Nombre – bet on any number and four neighbouring sectors.
Features of the French roulette and how it differs from other types of roulette
French roulette with roulette wheel is different from other varieties of this game by the presence of two additional rules: En Prison and La Partage.
- En Prison – this is the opportunity for players to “freeze” their bets if the ball lands on zero. This means that all bets remain to the next roulette spin and do not go to a casino.
- La Partage – this is the possibility to “insure” against falling a zero. If a spin results with a zero sector, only half the bet goes to a casino account. The second half is frozen and remains on the next spin.
These rules act in real and virtual casinos. They make the game more attractive to the gambling audience, reducing casino’s chances of winning.